Thursday, July 9, 2009

El Valle

It was a very relaxing and adventurous day in El Valle. The morning began around 6:45am. After doing my daily routine I packed my belongings and grabbed 2 cups of coffee before loading up on the bus to go Zip Lining in the rainforest at the Macho Waterfall. Once we made it to our destination we were able to take a brief hike while we waited for the manager to come to negotiate a reasonable price for doing the five platform zip lining course. The original price of this specific course was priced at $52.50 but we were able to get a five dollar discount ($47.50). We also had the option of doing a shorter one (platform-to-platform) for $12.50. I originally wanted to do the cheaper course because of the price but I thought to myself this is a once in a lifetime opportunity. I’m glad that I did because I will never forget this unbelievable experience.

The most tiring aspect of zip lining is the hike to the top of the mountain. I really don’t know if we went to the top of the mountain but we hiked at least twenty minutes continuously without a break. It was worth the hike to the top and if I was given the opportunity to do it again before the end of this trip, I would not hesitate. I would honestly have to say that zip lining is the memorable experience thus far on this trip. I’m usually afraid of heights but I was so excited and I never got scared while doing it. My favorite part of this experience was when the zip line instructor stopped me right over the waterfall for about two minutes. That view was breath taking and it’s an image that I will never leave my memory. The entire experience was so exhilarating. I was so disappointed when the string on my camera broke, so I was unable to take photos while I hung over the waterfall. I could not chance dropping my camera into the water below. No matter photos of the experience will never be as vivid as my memories. I must say that this was the most memorable experience of my life thus far. I cannot wait to do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment