Saturday, July 4, 2009

Surviving Chitre

Well we survived Chitre. Honestly, I thought the experience was really good. I got to perform skills I do not believe I will have many opportunities to do in the States, including doing a Pap smear and vaccinating children. I feel very proud of myself and the rest of the group for the hard work we put forth, especially with a language barrier. It was really good us learn about the community and how they live. The hotel was not the best experience for us, but I am very proud that we all kept each other laughing and made the best out of some unpleasant moments. The nurses in the clinics were wonderful. They were very willing to help us and they made sure that all of us had an opportunity to practice our skills. They always had smiles on their faces. I am really happy that I had this experience and it makes me really appreciate what I have in my life, because there are those who have very little. Now we are in El Valle and it is beautiful! The town is very cute and I am excited to enjoy our activities tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment