Monday, July 6, 2009

Finally able to post

Written July 1

I've been having a hard time getting around to a blog. Every time I go to write one either the Internet is working slowly or not at all. My experience in Panama so far has been a different one. I say different in a sense that I am experiencing things, people and situations that I have never experienced before. Having the opportunity to visit and interact with an indigenous tribe is definitely the best part of the trip. The humbleness of the the people and their life style is a great example to all of us.

The natural surroundings is also a great sight. The mountains and the waterfalls are breath taking.

While in the clinics is Chitre I was truly impressed with the expertise of the nurses. I have witnessed some of the best patient teaching by nurses here. The manner in which they interact with the patients during teaching is much different then what I have previously seen. In my experience nurses here are the epitome of what it means to build rapport with patients. The culture here is different than in the states and I think that is a big part of what allows the nurses the advantage of being more personal.

Everything has definitely not been perfect but I'm taking the good with the bad and adding it all up to an experience of a lifetime....

No comments:

Post a Comment