Friday, July 10, 2009

Nervous to present!

Hola everyone!

Today we are all presenting our group topics to the University of Panama and I am a little nervous! My group's project that we will focus on were the differences between American and Panamanian healthcare systems. We mainly will discuss the difference that Panama has universal healthcare, and how the US is run by private insurance. We also compared and contrasted simalarities in the hospitals, clinics, schooling for nurses, and staffing in the hospitals. Although there are many differences in the nursing world between the two countries, nurses are looked up to as respected role models in each country, which gives me pride for our profession.

Tonight we are going out for our last meal in Panama :(. I am sad we will be leaving ALREADY, but I am eager to get back into routine of Tampa life. Panama took all of us in with open arms, and I cannot express what an amazing and interesting time we have had here. I am so happy to tell all of my family and friends of the adventures we went on, and the clinics we we got to practice our skills in. I hope one day I can come back to this beautiful country!

Ciao!

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment